- Governor Polis Statement on End of Wild Horse Roundups in Colorado
- Food 2.0 Conference Unveils Two New Editions Featuring Insights From Top F&B Experts
- Intellinetics, Inc. to Present at the 17th Annual Taglich Brothers Investment Conference in New York City
According to the allocation rules, funds can be used to support public health expenditures, address negative economic impacts caused by the public health emergency, replace lost public sector revenue, provide premium pay for essential workers, and invest in water, sewer, and broadband infrastructure.
The City's plan for use of these funds was developed through a combination of community input, the City's strategic plan, input from key stakeholders, as well as identified priorities of City leadership. The plan promotes a broad response to the pandemic and economic recovery, incorporating support for new and existing businesses, populations of citizens disproportionally impacted by the pandemic including children, families, and seniors, community public health and safety, and other community-wide benefits
City staff developed a comprehensive list of projects and programs reflective of the priorities identified in this plan, coupled with the goals, objectives, and compliance requirements identified in the State and Local Fiscal Recovery Fund interim final rule.
More on Colorado Desk
- PointsBet Joins Austin FC as Founding Partner, Exclusive to Sports Betting Category
- MG Facility Services Awarded $30 Million, Multi-Year Contract With The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency
- City signs Memorandum of Understanding with Colorado Springs Community Cultural Collective regarding future operation of City Auditorium
- Colorado Springs selected as Hot Spot by Leave No Trace Center for Outdoor Ethics national program
- MBA Mortgage Corp. Receives Honorable Mention for the DAV'S Outstanding Small Employer of the Year
Of the city's funding, nearly $28M is going to essential government services to include delayed capital improvement projects while nearly $27M is being directed to infrastructure. $13M was dedicated to economic recovery, to include assistance to local businesses. The full breakdown was presented today and can be found here.
A key area of interest, $17M of new federal funding is directed to affordable and low-income housing assistance locally. This figure includes $11M in Rental Assistance from the U.S. Treasury, plus $6M in HOME funds from HUD. This funding comes in addition to CARES rental assistance granted earlier this summer. The City asks those in need of assistance to contact 2-1-1 for assistance in filing an application. Funds are available and the City is ready to help those in need.
Today marked the third time City staff presented the plan to the City Council. Other presentations were made at the annual Mayor/City Council retreat held on June 10, at the City Council Work Sessions held on July 12 and September 13, 2021.
To view today's presentations in full, visit https://coloradosprings.legistar.com/View.ashx?M=F&ID=9791609&GUID=4DFF7...
Latest on Colorado Desk
- Colorado: Governor Polis Celebrates Hispanic Heritage Month
- How Human Resource Managers Can Support Working Family Caregivers
- Creating Art During The Pandemic Artist Cynthia Warden Launches Original Art Series Featuring Events Of 2020 and Beyond
- Latino Author Wants Better Representation of Latino and Hispanic Creatives Beyond Hispanic Heritage Month
- EdTech Startup Builds on Early Traction in Remote Proctoring with New Crowdfunding Round
- Colorado: Governor Polis Appoints Joseph D. Findley to the 8th Judicial District Court
- Governor Polis & Lt. Governor Primavera Welcome President Biden to Colorado
- El gobernador Polis, el senador Bennet y el estado de Colorado lanzan una campaña para garantizar que todas las familias de Colorado puedan acceder al crédito tributario por hijos
- Seed & Smith Announces 1 Gram Dart Collaboration with Big Gigantic
- The 5-Star Reviews Keep Coming for "Shadows in Light"
- Kairos Strategy Group Announces Commitment to Global Efforts Advocating for Cybersecurity Best Practices during Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- SONSON® Launches New Bow Tie Collection Celebrating Creatives and Trailblazers: "EXCELLENCE"
- KLC Hires Dan Womack As New President
- Weld Money, cryptocurrency bank card startup, raises capital from Magnus Capital, HSVC Capital, and Concorde Capital
- Obsidian Anime Lab, where fans get to create an anime!
- NioCorp Named to TSX30 List as one of The Exchange's Top Performing Stocks
- BeeRemote Launches Hive Working Revolution
- Calvetta Phair, Founder of 'The On It Foundation', Announces a Partnership with 3R Technology, a Seattle-based e-waste Recycling Company
- Announcing Two Japan Evening "Light-up" Events in Autumn 2021