- Apogee Welcomes Nick Marchese, VP of Growth
- Latest Helpful Tools for Event Promoters and Marketers by Ismail Sirdah
- Lumen Technologies completes private offering of Senior Notes
"City Charter requires the City Clerk to review the City Council districts every four years to balance the population," said Sarah Johnson, Colorado Springs City Clerk. "The City Clerk works very closely with the District Process Advisory Committee (DPAC) for community outreach and education on the process. The Council Districts determine who can represent our City, so balancing the Districts is a major part of our local representative democracy."
For the April 6, 2021 City Election, potential candidates in each City Council District must reside in the City Council Districts as set in this new map.
District Process Advisory Committee
The seven-person District Process Advisory Committee (DPAC) consists of one member from each of the six current City Council Districts, as well as one At-large member. This committee engaged community members in their respective City Council Districts, convening digital town halls and answering questions for the public.
More on Colorado Desk
- BEERMKR Home Brewing System Is a Beer Lovers Dream Holiday Gift
- Foundation Offers FREE Workshop To Motivate Black Male Students After Tumultuous 2020
- What Happens When a Home Does Not Sell
- nVoq is excited to announce nVoq.Voice. Our newest innovation in cloud-based, HIPAA-compliant speech to text technology is available now.
- Top Canadian Business Leader Joins CEO Coaching International
District 1 – Hank Scarangella
District 2 – Carlos Perez
District 3 – Mollie Decost
District 4 – Jeannie Orozco
District 5 – Jeff Mohrmann
District 6 – Jessica Smith
At-Large – Maureen Christopher
- April 2020: City Council appointed the District Process Advisory Committee (DPAC).
- June–August 2020: DPAC conducted seven digital public meetings to explain the process to the community and hear feedback.
- September 2020: DPAC reported back to City Council with results from the public input process.
- October 2020: City Clerk delivered a draft City Council District map and conducted a digital public hearing to gain feedback from the community on the draft map.
- November 2020: The DPAC will deliver its final report to City Council on November 23, 2020.
- January 2021: City Council candidate filing period is January 4-25, 2021. Candidates must reside in the City Council Districts as set in this final plan. A candidate training session will also be held in the morning on January 4, 2021.
- April 2021: General Municipal Election will take place on April 6, 2021.
The new City Council District map can be viewed at coloradosprings.gov/city-clerk/page/city-council-districts
Latest on Colorado Desk
- Supreme Court Rules There Is No Santa Claus In New Holiday Book
- Syxsense Announces New Asia Expansion
- HZT Records Releases "Angel" by Hillstaxx Dec 11
- Colorado Springs: 1871st tree planted in COS150: tree challenge
- Thanksgiving Cannabis Sales Top $238 Million, Mark Biggest Sales Day of the Year
- Everside Health Names New President and COO
- Handle Payroll and Business Tasks With ezAccounting Bundle Version 2020-2021 For Limited Time
- Strive Health Welcomes Brandi Riddle as Chief Financial Officer
- 'Bounce Back to Success' hits Amazon Best-Seller List
- Berkshire Hathaway Homeservices Hilton Head Bluffton Realty Taps Christina Galbreath-Gonzalez To Lead Bluffton Office
- Robert T. Ball, Jr., MD Honored with ReadyCommunities Partnership/CCROA 2020 National Service Award For Leadership in SC Communities Amidst Pandemic
- Australian Artist seeks 4 Million USD in damages from Bollywood
- Reigning National Football League's DPOY, Stephon Gilmore, Hand Writes a Note to his Five-Year Old Son, Addressing Why "Black Lives Matter"
- New Hires Fuel TRIBUS Year-end Growth
- Colorado Springs: Behind the Springs podcast: 'Tis the season to be SAFE
- Anark Deepens Commitment to Customer Engagement with Additions to Executive Leadership Team, Marketing, and Sales Enablement
- Clearwater Living Certified as a Great Place to Work®
- American Homebuilders of West Africa Announces further expansion in Guinea
- TripDelivers Announces Today Partnering with Ghost Kitchen Brands of Canada and Ghost Kitchens USA
- Who Inspired Me the Most? Learn what I (Harry Javer) learned from Successful Top Entrepreneurs, Artists, & Celebrities I met with