The goal of our Outreach Court is to help those experiencing homelessness move forward from life on the streets by providing alternative sentencing in appropriate cases, as well as a community based method to get their cases back on track.
In lieu of assessing traditional penalties, the Outreach Court program connects individuals with case managers at local homeless service providers who can help guide them to the services they need. By doing so, our Outreach Court program will address the root causes of offending behavior and empower individuals to take concrete steps to move out of homelessness.
More on Colorado Desk
- Nutter Home Loans Celebrates the Inclusive Updates to the Sybil Silkwood Nutter Playground
- Transaction Announcement - Franchise Sandwich Company
- Celebrate Global Entrepreneurship Week South Florida Presented by Office Depot
- careMESH Launches its HL7® FHIR®-Based Provider Directory in the District of Columbia
- TCBY to Offer Free Deal for Veterans
In addition to providing this alternative sentencing approach, Outreach Court leverages technology and works collaboratively with community service providers to provide a method to clear active municipal warrants and schedule cases from these very same community service providers' locations.
The Outreach Court program holds these Warrant Amnesty Days at the Springs Rescue Mission. The first Warrant Amnesty Day occurred at the Springs Rescue Mission on July 18. In total, 14 individuals got future court dates scheduled and had 22 warrants quashed. The next Warrant Amnesty Day is scheduled for November 7 at 1:30 pm.
Warrant Removal Day Event Info (Download event flyer)
- Get your Municipal (NOT County or State) warrant cancelled Get a new court date Get a court appointed lawyer to represent you, if applicable Get a bus pass to get to your next court date
Sign up at:
- Springs Rescue Mission Penrose Public Library Urban Peak Homeward Pikes Peak Salvation Army RJ Montgomery Center
Latest on Colorado Desk
- Formnext 2019: DigiFabster expands its Sales & Execution Software Platform to provide 'One-Stop-Shop' solution for manufacturing companies
- World's Largest Book Signing Event Included Colorado Resident
- Discover New Homes in Broomfield During Lennar's Grand Opening of Palisade Park November 16 & 17
- Colorado Springs: Sixteen new firefighters join the ranks of CSFD
- How To Qualify The Right Electromechanical Company In Dubai & Abu Dhabi
- Colorado Springs: Skate in the Park is back!
- Colorado Springs: Vermijo Avenue to be converted into wide, pedestrian and business friendly thoroughfare
- Colorado Springs: Additional parking and improvements coming to popular trail head in Stratton Open Space
- Mrs. Fields Expands With New California Location
- MiaSolé Breaks World Record Again: Large Area Flexible Photovoltaic Module with 18.64% Efficiency
- edjuster and Encircle Integrate Platforms to Streamline Contents Valuation Process
- Ex-Patient Sues "Suboxone for Cash" Opioid Treatment Clinic
- Cavalier Ebanks Galleries: Contemporary Realism
- Refereum Partners With DLive, enabling millions of more players to earn on-chain rewards from watching and streaming games
- New Highway Mystery set in the Rocky Mountain Trench
- Colorado Springs: City to Observe Veterans Day Monday Nov. 11
- RadonAway Announces New Canada Distribution Partnership with Ontor
- TONY CHILD™ ANNOUNCES: The GratiShift™ 30-DAY CHALLENGE......Shift from "not enough" to "ALWAYS ENOUGH."
- City of Colorado Springs Continues Work on Homelessness Initiative as Temps Drop
- MedAware Systems Named Top Start Up by The Tech Tribune