- Gores Technology Partners, Inc. Announces the Separate Trading of its Class A Common Stock and Warrants Commencing May 3, 2021
- Leave a Financial Legacy for National Brothers and Sisters Day at the Reignite Your Finances Virtual Summit
- LED Panel Back Light Stained Glass and Onyx Stone
"Mary Weeks has been an integral part of the City's IT team for eight years, with increasing amounts of responsibility and expertise," said Mayor John Suthers. "She has the respect of her colleagues and an invaluable understanding of the City's IT and cybersecurity environments. We look forward to her leadership as we face the IT challenges of the future."
More on Colorado Desk
- MedAware Systems Releases Cross-Platform Post Market Product Monitoring Service
- Toll Brothers Announces Final Opportunities to Live in The Enclave at Kechter Farm
- Rapid Technologies Advances to an Elite Partner in the ServiceNow Partner Program
- Offen Petroleum Strengthens its Ozark Region With Acquisition of Petromark
- Peachtree Immediate Care Expands its Network by Adding Four Locations in last Three Weeks
Mary Weeks began her career with the City IT Department as the Applications Manager. She was then promoted to IT Relationship Manager, responsible for all communications to and interactions with the departments, including the project managers, business relationship managers, service desk, IT service management, and IT finance. In December 2019, Mary became the IT Business and Operations Manager and took on the additional responsibilities of the infrastructure operations group, including systems operations, network, and desktop support. Mary has a BS in Business Administration with a concentration in Finance from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill and is ITIL® Foundation Certified. Personally, Mary has lived in Colorado Springs since 1993. She enjoys biking to work, downhill and cross-country skiing, and spending time with family – her husband Steve and two children. She coached her kids' lacrosse teams and running club. Mary also mentored a student for four years of high school through Big Brothers Big Sisters. Her "little sister" is now attending Pike Peak Community College studying IT.
More on Colorado Desk
- TrueDialog Higher Education Texting Solution Named EdTech Award Finalist
- Everyone Can Have Their "15 Minutes" With Former Google PPC Expert, Savio Marian
- Watchmaker Genomics and Molecular Loop Announce Partnership to Expand Access to High-Performance Genetic Tests for SARS-CoV-2 Surveillance
- Nanometrics wins Government of Canada Contract to Provide the Infrastructure for Canada's Early Earthquake Warning System
- Intermap CEO Participates in Interview with Proactive Investors
"I am thrilled to have been chosen by the Mayor to be the next CIO for the City of Colorado Springs," said Weeks. "I am excited to leverage technology to best position the City departments and enterprises to fulfill their missions in serving the citizens of Colorado Springs – a beautiful city where my husband and I have lived for over 27 years and raised our two children. As a leader in the IT Department at the City for the past 8 years, I am proud of the talented team we have, their level of professionalism and dedication to the City. It is my privilege to be able to lead them now as we influence this great city of ours."
A nationwide search was conducted, and 140 candidates applied. The top 12 candidates participated in a video interview screening process by City departments heads, the chief information officers for Colorado Springs Utilities and El Paso County, and IT Paragon Consultant. Five candidates were interviewed by the mayor's selection panel.
Carl Nehls, past CIO, retired on April 3.
Latest on Colorado Desk
- New Non-Invasive Keloid Treatment using Rhenium-188 now available in South Africa
- American Homebuilders of West Africa Returns to Roots with Jobomax Rebrand
- Makarand Karanjkar joins Wohler as CEO and CTO
- Trade Wars, Pandemic Shortages, Containers Overboard
- Living Abroad Obtains Prestigious Woman-Owned Business Designation
- Internet of Things (IoT) Gateway Converts CAN Bus Data to WiFi, Bluetooth, BLE
- Cirrus Supports Pursuit in Bringing Financial Assistance to Small Businesses Through Queens Small Business Grant Program
- The Belt Railway Company of Chicago Implements CrewPro Short Line
- ekoostik hookah Release First Official NFT Collection And Announce New Album
- NJ Realtor Barbara Valentino Joins Haddonfield's Boutique Agency
- Lowe Forms Denver-Based Commercial Real Estate Brokerage Skye Commercial – Hires Industry Veteran Alec Wynne as Managing Broker
- United Launch Alliance Honors Three Suppliers with Small Business Excellence Award
- AVTECH Named A 2021 Best Place To Work In Rhode Island By Providence Business News
- Colorado Attorney Discusses Delayed Pain & How You're Still Entitled to Worker's Compensation
- Pompano Beach-based business receives Office Depot's ELEVATE TOGETHER Grant
- Lehigh Valley Inter-Regional Networking & Connecting Consortium Announces New Hires in Leadership Roles
- Evolve IP Extends Its Microsoft Teams Direct Routing Solution To More Than 50 Countries
- ProcessMiner™ Announces Appointment of Dr. Stephen Vasconcellos to Scientific Advisory Board
- Crunchytales® | Smart Stories For Midlife Bloomers
- Announcing Wiley's Diversity in Tech Webinar Series